Betterment acts as the sub-advisor to your client. You still remain the primary advisor to your client. When your client goes through the new account opening process, they will sign an agreement with Betterment directly as the sub-advisor, and, if you wish, an agreement with your firm directly as the primary advisor.
Articles in this section
- Will my firm need to update our ADV and/or Customer Agreement to reflect the incorporation of Betterment for Advisors into my practice?
- Can Betterment for Advisors automate the signing of my agreement with my client?
- What relationship does the client have with Betterment?
- Describe the process your product uses to convert information provided by the client into a risk profile in the interview process.
- Am I able to see an archive of electronically executed client agreements? If so, what does this look like?