To revoke trusted status from their devices that skip Two-Factor Authentication, your client should go to the Security tab in their account settings and click “Edit” in the section “Two-Factor Authentication.” In the “Devices you trust” section, they should click “Revoke all.” At this time, they do not have the ability to revoke only certain trusted devices.
Articles in this section
- What do my clients do if their phone was lost or stolen if they're using Two-Factor Authentication?
- How do my clients remove trusted devices?
- How do my clients revoke App Passwords they no longer use?
- How do my clients set up an App Password?
- What are App Passwords and when should my clients consider them?
- How do my clients turn off Two-Factor Authentication?
- How do my clients set up Two-Factor Authentication?
- What is Two-Factor Authentication and how do my clients use it?